Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January Ice

Yes, I know that it's the middle of January.  And yes, I know that a previous blog post of mine mentioned how I wouldn't miss the Sandstone Ice Fest for the birth of my first child.  And yes, it's true, I have used this blog as a soap box to spray about training and getting outside to do the things I love.  All that being said, last Saturday was my first time ice climbing this year.  And I don't mean this year as in 2011, I mean this year as in since it got cold and shitty outside.  And while I have done a ton of climbing in Bourdo's garage this winter, and since the new year (simply 2011 this time) have started a fairly intensive workout regimen in anticipation of climbing some mountains this spring, having only one ice session under my belt so far this year is unacceptable.  A much greater effort must be put forth to ensure maximum enjoyment of the winter months.  So enjoy the video from last week, and stay tuned for many more ice sessions to come.  It's already getting late, but it's time to get after it.  A successful ice season will include:  Nipigon at least once, Stillwater at least once, a couple trips to Sandstone, a trip to Duluth and the North Shore, and finally a trip to Montana at the end of February to snowboard and ice climb in Hyalite Canyon.  This weekend, it's not supposed to ever get above 10F.  What are your plans for the weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment