Sunday, April 3, 2011

Springtime On The Kettle

The sun is out, the birds are chirping and the rivers are running!  Saturday was an absolutely beautiful day in Banning State Park.  Bourdo, Steph and I arrived around noon just as the sun was warming the rock, and we spent an hour or so bouldering until we could no longer resist the call of the river.  The bouldering session was brief, but it sure felt good to put our hands on real stone again.  We've logged a lot of hours in the climbing gym this winter, and it only took about two seconds to reaffirm rock's superiority to plastic in my mind. 

I had a blast kayaking again.  It was my first time running the Kettle in a playboat, and I think it went fine.  I need to work on getting used to my edges a little more, work on ferry's and I need to clean up some basic techniques as well, but one full day on the water and I think I'll be feeling great! It would be nice if it were a little warmer, but until then, Paddle ON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment