Saturday, February 4, 2012

Vertical Endeavors

It has been a long time since I have been to the climbing gym.  In fact, it has been almost exactly two years since I have been to the gym.  So long that they made me re-take my belay and lead tests!  I have no idea why, but I have never really enjoyed going to the gym.  I'm sure that I'm not alone as a person who loves climbing outdoors, but just can't get motivated to go to the climbing gym.  Even climbing on Aaron's wall can be a struggle at times.  It's a lot of fun, it's conveniently located and is a great training tool, but it only takes a few weeks before routes become mundane.  That being said, I went to the new Vertical Endeavors in Minneapolis today, and it was a blast. 



I'm so stoked on it, in fact, that I bought a 10 session pass for the place today, and am considering buying a membership when they go on sale this month.  This winter has been a real drag as far as the weather is concerned.  And while we have been able to get on some ice climbs a few times this year, it felt amazing to be clipping bolts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment