Saturday, May 26, 2012

Anticipation

I get excited about trips almost to a fault. Last night, for instance, we were preparing to leave for South Dakota. I had been packed and ready since the previous evening, and I could not believe that people weren't on the same schedule as me. So I was ornry and bent out of shape over the situation while I should have just enjoyed watching the Twins game. 

In the end, we still made it to or destination on time. Plus it has been raining all night, effectively killing our climbing plans for the day, Noriko is still jet lagged, and Meg isn't feeling the greatest.

Anticipation is wonderful, but it can turn destructive if you're not careful. I'm going to try not to do that anymore. There will be plenty of climbing to be had the rest of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment